Profitable Landscape ServicesOutside Contributor
The easiest person to sell is the one who is already buying from you. So get out there and offer your customers these profitable landscape services you might not even have considered.
- Go ahead paint the mulch as well. Yes, paint the mulch. It is very cost effective and a great add on service. Instead of hauling in new mulch and all of the labor that goes with it, painting the mulch is a fast and easy way to get the property looking great. You can even paint the irrigation stains off of the trunk of the tree.
- People are painting their lawns these days...yes, painting their lawns...because it is fast and easy and gives them that beautiful lawn instantaneously without all the work and lead-time. Their yard will look stunning for the party, event or gathering.
- Are you offering irrigation audits? There is not a better time to promote water conservation and audits than now. Water conservation and reduced water usage is all over the national media right now. The ideal time to market a service like this is now. Public opinion, perception and interest have never been so high. Separate yourself from the competition by becoming a Certified Irrigation Auditor through the Irrigation Association.
- Soil test and soil conditions - Don't forget to tell customers about their soil conditions, for example compaction, ph, nutrient analysis. Many turf and lawn care professionals really separate their businesses with soil testing services.
- Hydretain - Are you up to speed on the products like Hydretain, which is sometimes labeled Moisture Manager? Do you offer a spring time application of Hydretain? Great service to offer.
- Go native - When on your customers properties take note of the high need turf and ornamentals. Make sure customers and prospects are aware of your use of native plant materials through your website, emails, and other marketing communications.
These are all examples of profitable landscape services you could offer existing customers but they are really just a few examples intended to get you thinking about it. Another example that was in trade media recently was a company that removes oil stains for customers. The options are limitless but do require some thought as to real fit. What else could you offer that fits your brand and P&L?