Financing Your Business and Growth
Small business financing is not easy and never has been. When you have money, everyone is willing to lend you money. But when you don't have money and you need access to more capital it is not so easy.
With the on slaughter of alternative lenders, things will change but just how much is yet to be seen. Former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers recently said at the 2015 LendIt Conference he expects online lenders to eventually reach more than 70% of the small businesses. A key advantage of these lenders that will appeal to our industry is the speed of the process, but you must understand the costs involved to fully evaluate it.
Bottom line, small business options are growing, the internet is helping, but dig in and do your homework to know the real cost of the money.
The following article is an excellent and thorough explanation on financing your business. It is from the Small Business Administration’s website section entitled Finance Your Business, under the borrowing money subsection. It also contains links back to specific topics that may warrant further exploration. Dig in and enjoy! After you have developed a cash flow analysis and determined […]
It’s only fitting this section comes after cash flow because cash flow helps you really understand the context of financing needs for a business. For example, is it just a seasonal shortfall or are there other factors driving it such as growth? According to the SBA Office of Advocacy FAQ’s, dated February 2014, small business […]
More Financing Your Business and Growth Articles
- How Does a Small Business Fund It's Growth? from Forbes
- How To Get Business Loans - 6 Step Guide from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Where To Look For Small Business Financing from Forbes
- SBA Office of Advocacy Small Business Finance FAQ's from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Borrowing Money For Your Business a deeper dive into types of financing, credit history, and more from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- SBA Financial Assistance Eligibility from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Is Your Business Fiscally Fit? from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Line of Credit and Revolving Credit Explained from Chron.com (Houston Chronicle)
- When a Line of Credit Should Be Used from Kabbage
- Online Loans and Everything You Need To Know from Kabbage
- Best Websites To Get a Small Business Loan from Clark Howard
- Business Financing For Your Construction Company from LendVantage
- Landscape Contractor Business Plan For Raising Capital from TheFinanceResource.com
- 6 Tips for Borrowing Startup Funds from Friends or Family from U.S. Small Business Administration
- Small Business Lending is Improving: Tips for Finding and Securing the Right Loan from U.S. Small Business Administration
- A Guide to Choosing the Right Small Business Loan from Business News Daily
- Finance Your Business from U.S. Small Business Administration