While employee relations sounds like something only big companies need to worry about, nothing could be further from the truth. Employee relations is key in retaining talent and maintaining a high level of morale and engagement.
As an industry with a lot of owner operators, supervisors and managers that come from the technical/product side of the business, this is an area that may not get much focus. This section will offer some insights and resources to pursue at your own pace. Enjoy!
On the main “Compensation and Benefits” landing page, pay is described as a hygiene factor that has more of an effect on job dissatisfaction than it does on motivation and job satisfaction. Only seems appropriate that this statement, and the referenced two factor theory, get a little more time and explanation. The two-factor theory is based […]
“Employee Relations involves the body of work concerned with maintaining employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation, and morale. Essentially, employee relations is concerned with preventing and resolving problems involving individuals which arise out of or affect work situations.” – from NASA’s Goodard Space Flight Center, Office of Human Capital Management There are quite a […]
More Employee Relations Articles
- Top Ten Employee Relations Article For 2015 from SHRM.org
- Employee Relations Page from SHRM.org
- Small Business Tips: Six New Year Resolutions to Improve Leadership from Monster.com
- The Unlikable Leader: 7 Ways To Improve Employee/Boss Relationships from Forbes.com
- The 5 R's For Building Lifelong Relationships with Employees from Forbes.com