Everywhere you turn in the green industry today, people will tell you getting good help is one of their top challenges. In fact, in the 2015 Travelers Risk Index survey attracting and retaining talent is the number five concern but when you look at the industry breakout section for construction it is the number one concern.
Obviously, a huge concern for our industry and in this section you will find some grass roots ideas and solid resources to help mitigate this very real business risk.
Everywhere you turn in our industry, attracting and retaining employees is on the list of top concerns. In fact, it is number one in many people’s mind. Makes you wonder if we alone or are other industries in a similar bind? According to the Travelers 2015 Business Risk Index Summary, we are not alone. “Attracting […]
Small business has always had its advantages and challenges in the never ending battle for talent and labor. Add to that the current labor shortage in our industry and it’s tough. The recent ramp up in activity has made things even tougher. While the labor markets won’t be fixed overnight, a refresher on the challenges of […]
You not only survived the recession but business is rocking! You knew staffing would be a challenge but you had no idea it would be this tough. Between people leaving the industry (especially during the recession) and the immigration reform backlashes, i.e. H2B, it is the top challenge for many in the green industry today […]
Here is a really good quick read from Entrepreneur magazine as it relates to on boarding new employees to your business. Turnover and poor performers can suck your business dry fast! Even though there is a lot of seasonal turn over in the landscape industry the six factors the author covers in this article are […]
More Recruitment Business Articles
- Hire and Retain Employees - Basic Overview from U.S. Small Business Administration
- Streamlining Recruiting and Applicant Tracking free online course offered by SCORE
- How To Find Good Hourly Employees from Monster.com
- Small Business Spotlight: A Yard and a Half Landscaping a success story on recruiting and retaining from Monster.con
- Cost Effective Recruiting Strategies for Lawn and Landscape Contractors from Tony Bass Consulting
- How Technology Is Changing the Recruiting Landscape from Monster.com
- Top 5 Online Job Boards for Recruiters, By Exposure Rate from HRTribe
- Landscape Job Postings from iHireLandscaping
- Utilizing Your Business Processes for Effective Recruiting and Selection from SCORE